We’re still on ‘ogham.dragonsblood.net’ today, I have not had any reply from the guy who hosts my site despite asking him frequently to switch the domain. I hope he’s well, Murias, are you out there?
One effect of the move to WordPress was that we lost the “Recent Comments” page that was my favourite for keeping track of who had replied to which blog entries (or more usually, who had replied to which other comments!). So last weekend I cooked up a new one and it’s here:
(also available from a link on the sidebar)
If you want to bookmark this link, please be aware that I hope to be able to give it a more elegant URL at some point in the future when we get the bitterjug.com domain moved and when mod_rewrite is working on the web server.
Another thing we lost was the hit counter on each page. It never gave an accurate count of visitors, but it did make me feel as if someone was visiting now and then. Since I no longer have it, please leave more comments so I know you are there!
After months of research by both our intrepid field worker and the boffins at Bitterjug.com labs, we are now able to bring you a miracle of modern technology: Continue reading
The exams have started here. We, the staff, can relax a bit. For me it means the end of classroom teaching in Kenya for good. And I mean “for good”, I can’t claim to have enjoyed it. But the exam season itself has brought us some entertainment of its own. Continue reading
I have switched over from Greymatter to WordPress and you are now reading Bitterjug’s blog at its new home. Continue reading
I’ve work to do for the college, Jackson is somewhere around my house and those new floppy drives need to be tested in his laptop, there is one final test to write for my students and…. Im farting about with the blog. Continue reading
Work on the all-new Bitterjug.com blog is moving on apace:
- WordPress is installed and running.
- A new version of the home page has been built using PHP rather than Perl and server-side includes.
- The new home page uses WordPress’ RSS feeds to fetch the latest blog entry and comments.
Yet to do:
- Switch servers
- Temporarily use redirection to the new server until the server switch comes off
- Import the old Greymatter entries into WordPress and make the Image URLs work
- Create a new “Recent Comments” page
Watch this space
Just back from that Nairobi on a mission :-
- Fax the College’s certificate of registration to KENIC to get our domain name application approved
- Ask the customs office to reduce the duty they want me to pay on a parcel from Uncle Mungbean in the UK
this is what happened…
Or so this bycicle taxi pilot seems to believe…
It doesn’t say anything.
He’s on the roof again.
I think he must like it up there….